Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Ready, Set, Go...

Hello, I bet you were wondering where I've been lately. This last week has been very difficult indeed and it's no where near over for my dear sweet friend and her family. I appreciate you keeping them in your prayers. I haven't felt much like being online at all.

We have also been busy here at Half Acre preparing for our long trip and Rachael's move to the U.K.  I can't believe we are down to the very last few days. This summer so far has gone incredibly fast and extremely busy. Shopping, packing, cleaning...... to name a few.

Cleaning and prepping for Rachael's Jewelry party took a lot of effort, especially as it has been very hot, 104ºF/40ºC. Not fun cleaning while it's so hot.


The canvas in the back is a print of a collage Rachael created. 




People showed up on a Thursday evening and again on a Sunday afternoon.



All the wire work Rachael does herself.



 It went well although I wish a few more people turned up to support her as she had cut her prices drastically. But so many people were on vacations. Still considering how few showed up she did quite well.
I love all her designs, but she will tell you I'm a little bias. She also helped people who wanted to make their own designs out of all her extra beads and created some pieces for others right on the spot. It always amazes me at her talent and creativity.

I have been busy in the evenings, while Bryn and I have been getting in the mood for our Brit Trip, watching Doc Martin. Who knew it was on Netflix.


One little jacket finished! Remember I started it earlier. All I need now are two cute little buttons.


I also started something else, it's new for me as I've never made anything quite like it before.


It kind of looks like a large potato doesn't it. :) I wonder if you can guess what it might be!
More photo's to come soon. ;)

Sunday we went to the beach, Rachael's last visit for quite some time to a So. Cal beach. We couldn't leave early because Miss Abbey was on the worship team at our church. She was singing and playing guitar. We left right after the 2nd service and got down to Huntington Beach close to 2pm. It was already so busy most of the parking lots were closed. I don't think I've ever seen it quite so busy before. We couldn't get anywhere close to the pier or the town, where the girls like to go to BJ's Restaurant for their Famous Pazookie's, so they were a little disappointed.


BBQing hotdogs and a little sand was on the menu instead.


Rachael's favorite thing to do on the beach! Taking a nap.


Lots of Frisbee action!




 Fun in the Sun!


Finished off with a nice warm fire!



We enjoyed our day at the beach!

Thank you for joining me today. I'm off to iron and pack more suitcases.
See you all soon. xxxx


2 comments:

  1. I love the jewelry! Your daughter is very talented! I would definitely wear each and every one of these pieces.
    It seems like you had a lot of fun on the beach, I like the pictures!

    I hope your friend will see the light at the end of the tunnel soon, all best wishes to her.

    Welcome back to the blogosphere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sexta-feira I will let my daughter know. It will give her a boost of confidence. Artists are their own worst critic.

    ReplyDelete