Thursday, September 27, 2012

UK Trip Day 12 and 13

August 12th.

We left early in two cars and drove from Cardiff to Cornwall and eventually arrived at Honicombe Manor in the village of Saint Anne's Chapel, Callington, which is on the edge of Dartmoor National Park.


The front entrance which is down a very small country lane.



The manor house, which had a lovely restaurant and bar.


Our Holiday Home for the week.


Our view....most of the time it was raining.



August 13th
We drove to Looe. It has been more than 30 years since we've all been to Looe. It's not at all as I remembered it. Very quaint fishing town.




We were all pretty hungry so we found this really old restaurant to eat lunch at.


Scampi and Chips for Bryn!


Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pud for me!


Roast Chicken Dinner for my Mum!


Ham Egg and Chips for Abbey!


I didn't manage to get photo's of my Dad's meal and Rachael's, my whole family think I'm weird taking photo's of meals as it is. 








Saw this sign and thought how appropriate this was, 
as seagulls and myself do not get along. 
One stole my ice cream right out of my cone back in 1997 while we were visiting St. Ives. 
I didn't even had the chance to taste it before it was gone. Cheeky Seagull. :D


After walking around Looe for a while, we drove on to Polperro.

On the way down from the car park I found this lovely little wool shop. The lady inside was so sweet I just had to buy some wool from her..... how could I not?


It's such lovely colors and so so soft.... how could I resist? Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.
But I will let you know when I do.











So quaint and so many nooks and crannies to explore I wish we could have stayed there all week.
Maybe next time we go back.





Do you see the little place with the colorful picket fence and the umbrella's?? 
Thats where we sat and had delicious, freshly baked Scones with Strawberry Jam, Fresh Cornish Clotted Cream and Tea. Well, coffee for me because I'm a rebel Brit apparently, and I don't like tea.


Right by the car park is this lovely pub, but it was so crowded with coach loads of tourists, I thought I'd  just take a photo for you all to see.

Even though it was raining back at Honicombe Manor when we left, as you can see we ended up with a lovely sun shiny day.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures Sue! I'd love to visit this place!
    I have a surprise for you:
    http://sexta-feira-sexta-feira.blogspot.gr/2012/09/awards.html

    ReplyDelete